What I really want to write about is:
(1) Shaun Tan's new book, The Arrival, which is wonderful;
(2) 'Spruik' - what does it mean? Why has it suddenly appeared?
(3) Serres' The Book of Foundations and Wills' Prosthesis, both/either of which I wish I'd written (which would have the added bonus that I would then have written a book, and I wouldn't have to write this one! Hoorah!);
(4) Excellent conversation with Tom on Saturday night at a butch/femme/trans social night, about fanfiction and sentences and theory vs fiction writing;
(5) Why Who Weekly has converted me to celebrity gossip (with a side-note of shock that Katie Holmes'/Tom Cruise's baby has just turned one, apparently; where does the time go?);
(6) Getting a paper accepted at the MLA Convention! Christmas in Chicago, baby!
(7) Bees! Mobile phones! Agriculture! It is my PhD in the form of a news item rather than a patiently anachronistic reading of Vergil's Georgics!
But I don't have time for any of that, so I'm just going to link to some new photos.
I have had a haircut, and feel much better as a result: there are two view of it here and here.
I took a week off over Easter and mostly knitted. I made a practice thingy, a scarf which J has actually worn out into the world, and am now knitting a jumper. Sewing has been temporarily suspended.
We went to St Kilda and paddled in the sea! (J also paddled, but she kept her hat and scarf on).